Here are the requirements:
1. The layout must be in Gryffindor colors to celebrate their winning of the House Cup. However, it must not be all about the Lions, even if they are made of awesomesauce! It needs to celebrate HiH as a whole, and as long as the primary colors in the design are red and gold, you can do that however you like.
2. The layout must be easy to read for just about everyone. Basically, this means no forcing the text size, and allowing a decent amount of contrast between text and background colors. (please with the contrast! Its hard to read light fonts on light backgrounds.)
3. It needs to have a matching icon to use as the HiH Default.
4. You may include any other graphics you wish, but all are optional. Ideas: alternates for the "lj user=" man; designs for blockquotes; a header; background images/patterns; bullet thingies for links; &c!
5. The layout must be based on an S2 layout. It needs to support links on the sidebar for the Houses, Tags, and Page Summary at the very least.
6. The layout must be workable for a free account. (We're not going to Plus, no ads please.)
7. You may need to be able to set it up for us, because I know I don't have the time to tweek things to make them 'just so'. You also need to be open to changes. If we vote for your layout, but the text needs to be darker, or the background darker or whatever.
8. Also I would like for you to submit a test journal. Not sure what this means - check out last terms voting post . This must be a completely anonymous journal that cannot link back to any person or house - that means the name too - make it generic please.
Any questions? Ask them here and we'll make sure to answer them as quickly as possible. Entries must be in by Tuesday, Jan 12th. I think one weeks is enough to make a journal and I'm sure the Lions are anxious to change HiH to gold and red, again.
Points and Knuts: Layouts are a big deal! For participating, you earn 25 points and 10 knuts.
First place will receive: 75 points and 40 knuts
Second place: 60 points and 30 knuts
Third place: 50 points and 20 knuts
This is the drop post for the entries. And reminder for the test journal you can't have it friended or have anyone else as friends or anything that links back.
Let me know if you have any questions!