Our topic for this month:
"The position of Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor has, believe it or not, come available once again. The list of canidates and hopefuls includes many good people with great references.. plus the potions master, Snape. You have the choice- hire from within and promote him to the position that you just know he's always wanted, or.. turn him down.
This month's debate: Severus Snape- Defense Against the Dark Arts Master or Disaster?"
1. This is all in fun. Feel free to take it seriously, but keep yourself grounded.
2. In the heat of debate, please refrain from using any sort of personal attacks. This should be obvious, and this will get you docked points.
3. Please do not leave the topic, or leave your assigned side. This is also a good way to lose points as well!
4. What happens in debate stays in debate. I don't want to see any of you getting catty with each other for whatever sort of battles go on in the debate post. When we leave the debate, we're all friends again!
5. Only qualified comments will earn you points. A qualified comment means:
a. A point is made.
b. The comment is more than three sentences long.
c. The comment stays on topic and is correct according to the side you are debating.
d. The comment is signed. And by that, I do have to request that if you accidently forget to sign it, that you delete the comment and repost with your name and house in it. Otherwise, should the thread collapse, I might not catch that you were signing in another comment.
6. Please do not plan any sort of strategies in your common rooms. I want this to be your own genius, not what a prefect tells you to say. ;) Besides, there's more pride in coming up with something intelligent on your own, right? However, it is okay to track your house's progress or root your team on there. I won't be in the common rooms to make sure you guys follow this rule, so use the honor code.
7. If you make a comment that is just so out there that it has to be deleted, expect your house to suffer from the loss of a very large amount of points. So just don't do it, kay? :)
and also keep in mind that the debate does not officially start until 24 hours from this exact moment! So.. prepare! Our debate will last another full 24 hours this time as well, so keep that in mind.
As for assignments, Claws and Puffs have the side of 'Disaster', aka Against.. while Slytherins and Gryffs get 'Master', or rather.. For. And yes, I do realize that you silly snakes will adore getting to go for, quite possibly, your favorite Slytherin, but oh well. Twas the luck of the turn. ;)
Anyway.. get ready, and I hope you guys are excited! This one should be a lot of fun.