The Ministry of Magic:
Friend or Foe?
To many, the Ministry is a place that gives protection to wizards from the outside world. It keeps Muggles from knowing too much, or harm from happening. But to others, it may be viewed as a place as wretched and twisted as Hell itself, being controlled by people who are all too easy to lure with money, charm, and status.
Arguing for Friend will be Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, Foe will be Gryffindor and Slytherin.
You may now begin the debate!
Before commenting, please make sure that you are familiar with the .
1. This is all in fun. Feel free to take it seriously, but keep yourself grounded.
2. In the heat of debate, please refrain from using any sort of personal attacks. This should be obvious, and this will get you docked points.
3. Please do not leave the topic, or leave your assigned side. This is also a good way to lose points as well!
4. What happens in debate stays in debate. I don't want to see any of you getting catty with each other for whatever sort of battles go on in the debate post. When we leave the debate, we're all friends again!
5. Every qualified comment will earn you points. A qualified comment means:
a. A point is made.
b. The comment is more than three sentences long.
c. The comment stays on topic and is correct according to the side you are debating.
d. The comment is signed. And by that, I do have to request that if you accidently forget to sign it, that you delete the comment and repost with your name and house in it. Otherwise, should the thread collapse, I might not catch that you were signing in another comment.
6. Please do not plan any sort of strategies in your common rooms. I want this to be your own genius, not what a prefect tells you to say. ;) Besides, there's more pride in coming up with something intelligent on your own, right? However, it is okay to track your house's progress or root your team on there. I won't be in the common rooms to make sure you guys follow this rule, so use the honor code.
7. If you make a comment that is just so out there that it has to be deleted, expect your house to suffer from the loss of a very large amount of points. So just don't do it, kay? :)
8. If you have any questions/concerns/complaints, please direct them at me via either IM (Mohawkalahka on AIM or rockinrollagrrl on Yahoo!) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) instead of leaving them in a post.
Scoring is as follows:
10 points/5 knuts for participating (aka, for your first qualifying comment), then 5 points/2 knuts for each additional qualified comment posted after your initial one.