Here are the requirements:
1. The layout must be in Ravenclaw colours their winning of the House Cup. However, it must not be all about the Eagles, even if they are pretty awesome. It needs to celebrate HiH as a whole, and as long as the primary colors in the design are blue and bronze/silver, you can do that however you like.
2. The layout must be easy to read for just about everyone. Basically, this means no forcing the text size, and allowing a decent amount of contrast between text and background colors. (please with the contrast! I can't read light fonts on light backgrounds, it hurts my eyes!)
3. It needs to have a matching icon to use as the HiH Default.
4. You may include any other graphics you wish, but all are optional. Ideas: alternates for the "lj user=" man; designs for blockquotes; a header; background images/patterns; bullet thingies for links; &c!
5. The layout must be based on an S2 layout. It needs to support links on the sidebar for the Houses, Tags, and Page Summary at the very least.
6. Unless you (or someone else?) is willing to donate $5 to make hogwartsishome a paid community for a period of time, the layout must be workable for a free account. (And we're not going to Plus, I really despise the ads.)
7. You may need to be able to set it up for us, because I know I don't have the time to tweek things to make them 'just so'. You also need to be open to changes. If we vote for your layout, but the text needs to be darker, or the background darker or whatever.
Any questions? Ask them here and we'll make sure to answer them as quickly as possible. There will be a drop post for them put up in the next few days. Entries must be in by... Mon, Jan 14th.
Points and Knuts: Layouts are a big deal! For participating, you earn 25 points and 10 knuts. Nice, huh?
First place will receive: 75 points and 40 knuts
Second place: 60 points and 30 knuts
Third place: 50 points and 20 knuts
This is the drop post for the entries. We'd either like a test journal with it displayed, a screenshot, or the css/images provided.
This is also the post for any queries related to the layout.
sas // mod