- We know about broomsticks - highly inefficent, they're slow and uncomfortable and you get cold and wet travelling long distances with them.
- There is the possibility of Apparating but it seems to be quite difficult and not all witches and wizards seem to be able to do it really well. AND you have to be of a certain age, so if a family wants to go somewhere, Apparating would not be possible.
- There's floo powder which is obviously not a good choice because you get dirty and the possibility that you come out at a wrong fireplace seems to be high.
- I can't imagine that anyone would go with the Knight Bus if they had another possibility. I mean, obviously it's a rough ride and I'd totally get sick there or soaked in hot chocolate or tea.
- I seem to remember that Arthur Weasley once got cars from the ministry. So do wizards go by cars as well? (Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm too lazy to look it up in the books now.)
- And there's the Hogwarts Express - so are there much more trains? And are they all hidden? Or do wizards just take Muggle trains? (I'd think that a pureblooded wizard wouldn't do that.) Or busses for that matter?
- There are the coaches that take the kids from Hogwarts train station to Hogwarts, so do wizards take coaches? Or do they even own them?
What do you think? What would be the most "natural" way for a wizard to travel?
PS: Please read "witch or wizard" for every time I wrote "wizard".
Julia // Slytherin